If you are experiencing problems with the DeerCast app, please see if your question is answered in one of our FAQs below. If not, you can submit a support ticket.
The app isn't working for me. Is there a quick fix?
There could be a few sources to the problem. We recommend starting with these fixes:
- Ensure you have a good mobile data or wifi connection.
- Try closing and restarting the app.
- Try restarting your phone.
- Check your platform’s app store to ensure have the latest release installed.
How do I create an account to login to DeerCast?
- Open the DeerCast app by tapping on the DeerCast icon.
- To learn more about the app, you may choose to view the welcome video if you wish.
- Tap “Create My Account.”
- Enter your first name, last name, email address and a password of your choice into the respective fields.
- Re-enter your password to ensure you typed it correctly.
- Click the radio button accepting the Terms of Service.
- Tap the “Create Account” button.
Congratulations! You are now ready to enjoy DeerCast!
How do I set peak estrus?
Getting a proper Deercast for your locations revolves around the peak estrus date. Peak estrus is the date in the fall when does are the most receptive to breeding, coinciding with rut activity.
- After setting a location in Deercast, it will automatically preset a peak estrus date around November 14, but you can customize that date to reflect the peak estrus for any given location.
- From anywhere in the app, tap the options icon, the three vertical dots in the lower right hand of the screen.
- Tap on settings, then tap on locations.
- You will now see the list of the custom locations you’ve created in DeerCast and the peak estrus date for each location.
- Tap on the location you’d like to modify the peak estrus date for.
- Under peak estrus date for this location, use the slider button to deselect “Automatic,”
- You can customize a date for your specific location in the “Use Date” selector to set the desired peak estrus for your location
- Once you’ve set your date, tap done, then tap save.
- Once you are finished setting your peak estrus, simply tap the back icon in the upper left corner to navigate back to the main options screen to resume using DeerCast.
How do I set or modify my location?
Setting and modifying your custom locations in DeerCast can be done from the home screen or in the settings menu.
- From the home screen, tap the location icon just above the daily DeerCast calendar to bring up your locations menu.
- Another way to access locations is in the options menu. tap the options icon. the three dots in the lower right hand of the screen and in the options menu, you’ll need to tap on settings, then locations.
- For your convenience, there will always be an option to use your current location.
- From this menu you can add a new custom location by tapping the “new location” text or the plus icon in the upper right corner.
- You have 3 options for adding your location, these are by city and state, by zip code, or by latitude and longitude.
- After that, you can name your location and tap save.
- To modify an existing location, simply tap on one of your custom locations, modify your information, and tap save.
- Once you are finished adding or modifying your locations, simply tap the back icon in the upper left corner to navigate back to the home screen and resume using DeerCast.
Where can I learn more about what goes into my DeerCast?
DeerCast is centered around our tried-and-tested thirteen phases of the whitetail deer season.
- To learn more about what strategies and best practices to take advantage of during this part of your season, tap on the DeerCast icon in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- In either view, daily or hourly, scroll down to the “Understanding Your DeerCast” videos
- The “Phase Overview” video suggests the best tactics to success for that particular phase of the deer season.
- For more detailed information on how and why those factors influence deer, scroll down and tap on any video under the “THIRTEEN Tactic Breakdown.”
- In every “THIRTEEN Tactic Breakdown” list, there’s a video that explains individual tactics, and another video explaining that tactic’s role during that particular phase.
How do I submit a success story?
We love to hear about your success in the field! Which is why we created a feature in DeerCast that allows users to submit a post of their own to us. On a regular basis, we’ll choose one of these submissions to share into the feed so that all users can see it…kind of like the old braggin’ boards. We call it a “Fan Share.” Here’s how to submit your story:
- From theDeerCast feed, tap the orange circle with the plus sign in it in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
- Fill out all the fields with pertinent information.
- Add a photo and/or video by tapping the respective buttons in the lower right corner of the page and navigate to the media you choose.
- Once the media is attached, tap “Save and Upload” to submit your story.
- Be watching theDeerCast feed to see if your post is selected as a fan share by us. You will not be notified prior to the post going up.
How do I navigate the DeerCast feed?
The DeerCast feed, also referred to as your home page, is a constantly updating content hub giving you access to everything Drury outdoors, as well as journals and success stories from other DeerCast users.
- At the top of the feed you’ll see your daily DeerCast associated with your selected custom location. Scroll to the left to see your DeerCast over the next few days. Tapping a particular day takes you to the comprehensive DeerCast for that day.
- Tap the home button on the bottom left in your navigation bar to return to the feed.
- If you’re looking for a specific topic covered in the feed, use the “Search” field located between the daily DeerCast and the first item in the feed.
- The feed contains journal entries from DOD team members, DODTV videos, written articles and even live kill videos. Scrolling down reveal posts by date. Videos will have a play button icon, tap the icon to start video playback. Tap the full-screen icon in the lower right corner and the for full-screen playback.
- Posts with multiple videos and pictures attached are noted by a series of dots beneath the preview picture. You can view these pictures and videos simply by swiping.
- If you’d like to read more, tap the “Full Story” icon lower right. To get back to the feed, tap “Back” in the upper left corner.
- Feed videos that include an actual kill shot are highlighted with an orange box in the upper right corner of the post that reads, “See the Shot.”
- See a post you enjoy? Tap on the thumbs up button to like the post. You can also leave a comment on the post by tapping the dialogue balloon and entering your text into the comment box that appears.
How do I watch videos in the DeerCast DODTV video library?
- The DODTV video library is home to the entire Drury Outdoors catalog with titles reaching all the way back to 1989. You’ll also find the full catalog of our DODTV web series.
- At the center of your navigation bar, tap the DODTV icon.
- There are two ways to browse through the DODTV video library.
- Choose a series based on the thumbnails located at the top of the page or scroll down to see individual titles in a series arranged by rows.
- Tapping on a video title will bring up a preview screen that includes a brief description of the video. View the video by tapping “Play.” Tap the full-screen icon in the lower right corner and the for full-screen playback… The video will rotate and display in landscape mode on your device.
How do I turn on DeerCast notifications?
DeerCast is capable of sending you push notifications whenever a new feed item is posted or a team member is broadcasting live video.
To access these settings, tap on settings, the three vertical dots located on the right in your navigation bar.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Notifications.”
- On the “Notifications Settings” screen, tap on the respective notifications to toggle them on or off.
How do I log out of DeerCast?
Occasionally, you may want to logout of DeerCast. Do so by following these steps:
- Tap the settings icon represented by three vertical dots on the right hand side of your navigation bar.
- In the list of options presented, tap “Sign Out.”
- A successful sign out will take you back to the DeerCast sign in screen.